A baby walker is a great way for your little one to explore and get some exercise! But be careful – they can easily topple over and get hurt. In an effort to keep your baby safe, consider using a substitute for a baby walker.
If you’re looking for an alternative to using a baby walker, Whoa there are so many good options out there! Like the Baby Bjorn, or the Angelcare Walker!
Can you believe it?! We’re going to explore some amazing alternatives that will answer the question of why you need to switch RIGHT NOW!
The best alternative to a baby Walker: what are the benefits?
When it comes to finding the best alternative to a baby walker, many parents turn to devices such as exersaucers and Bumbo seats. While each of these has their own benefits, I believe that the best alternative is a stationary activity center.
A stationary activity center is another great option!
I feel this way because of a few reasons!
- Stationary activity centers typically offer more activities than either an exersaucer or Bumbo seat. This helps to keep your baby entertained and engaged, which can prevent them from getting bored.
- Stationary activity centers are typically more stable than other options. This is important because it helps ensure that your baby is safe while they are playing.
- Stationary activity centers tend to be cheaper than other alternatives.
- It’s perfect for babies and toddlers who love to stay busy.
- Plus, it helps keep them safe and occupied while you get things done.
- These centers typically have a variety of toys and activities to keep your baby entertained.
- They also help with tummy time and strengthening baby’s muscles.
So if you are in a rush in looking for the best baby walker alternatives, I would suggest considering a stationary activity center
OMG! You’ve got to be kidding me! There’s more?! Dig down…
If you’re looking for an alternative to a baby walker, have you considered an exersaucer? They’re like little jungle gyms! Babies can swing, climb, and spin around in these things. They are similar to baby walkers in that they help babies learn how to stand and walk, but they are much safer because they have a harness that keeps the baby in the saucer.
Hold ON! Have you heard about the jumperoo? It’s like the best thing ever! You can put your baby in it and they can jump around and play. It’s so much fun! A jumperoo is a small seat that your baby stands in and bounces up and down on. This is a great alternative because it helps your baby get exercise, which is important for their development.
A great option for carrying your new baby is a baby carrier or sling! They’re so convenient and can keep your little one close to you. Baby carriers allow you to keep your child close while you are doing things around the house. They are also great for taking walks or going on hikes.
You can also use a bassinet or crib mobile as an alternative! Bassinets can be placed in different positions and can be used as a place to put your baby while you’re doing things around the house or to take care of other children. Crib mobiles can also be used as movement centers or play yards. They have so many different features, like music and lights, that keep your baby engaged and entertained! It’s such a great way to keep them occupied and happy.
Why switch to an alternative to baby walkers?
When it comes to getting our little ones mobile, there are a few different options out there. One option that has been around for awhile, but is starting to be questioned more and more, is the use of baby walkers. There are now alternative products that can help babies get mobile without having to rely on a walker.
A baby walker is defined as a device that holds a baby upright and allows it to move around while remaining strapped in. Stationary walkers for babies help develop motor skills and release energy in young babies, but they can pose a serious safety risk.
If you are considering buying a walker, read this article carefully before buying it. According to the National Institute of Health, baby walkers can actually increase the risk of injury for children. This is because they can move really fast and can be difficult for young children to control. They can also lead to falls down stairs, which can result in serious injuries.
Here I’m going to explain the risks or negative effects of a baby walker and also introduce you to some alternatives to a baby walker.
One reason parents may want to switch away from baby walkers is safety! Baby walkers are often associated with accidents and injuries, so it’s important to find a safe alternative that can help your child learn how to walk.
The goal of baby walkers is to facilitate the development of a child’s motor skills so they can eventually walk independently.
Statistics show that while individual children may reach milestones at varying times, most children are walking by the end of the 12-month mark. The majority of parents (between 50 and 77 percent) use walkers to aid their children during this time.
However, there is a chance that some experts may object as they think that baby walker has bad impacts on babies
Baby walkers are bad for a child’s development
In spite of widespread perception to the contrary, baby walkers do not promote the baby’s physical development or improve the baby’s walking ability. At some point, whether or not you give your baby a walker, he or she will be able to stand up on their own and begin cruising (walking with support).
Using walkers was associated with a delay in sitting up, crawling, and walking, according to a study of 109 newborns published in the Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (PubMed).
Baby Walker is unsafe for babies
It’s not safe to use a baby walker near stairs. The majority of injuries sustained by babies using walkers occur when the child reaches the stairwell’s edge and falls, as reported by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
According to research, 82% of babies who fall from their baby walkers get brain injuries (PubMed). Babies’ heads are especially vulnerable since their skull bones are still pliable and their brains are still developing. Even minor trauma can have devastating long-term effects on the developing infant.
Even in the presence of elderly relatives, mishaps involving baby walkers are not unheard of.
Best Alternatives That Allow Your Child Free Exploration of Their Environments in a Safe Manner
As you have learned that a baby walker is really evil for your baby, you definitely need some alternatives now.
Here are some safe and effective alternatives__
1. Activity center: Activity center is another alternative to a classic walker. It is more like a walker but without wheels. It allows your baby to multitask. He can play, eat, jump, and read his favorite books on it.
Here are some top-rated Activity Centers on Amazon__
Skip Hop Baby Activity Center,
- Encourages play and learning that uses a “full body” approach. It’s so important to get up and move around, especially for kids!
- Rotating seat in all direction is key for their development! This playground encourages lots of fun, physical play that helps learning and growth.
- Perfect for simple cruising! It transforms quickly and easily, so they can enjoy the ride without any trouble.
- Use in three exciting stages to play!
- Babies up to 4 months old can have so much fun with clip-on toys!
- Position them however your little one can handle and enjoy the show!
Infantino Music & Lights 3-in-1 Activity Center
- The best part of lunch is getting to use the special plate with all the fun detachable toys for sensory play!
- Table booster, snack time toy tray, and seated positioner that will keep your child entertained and in a comfortable position during mealtime.
- Make sure to buckle up tightly in your seats! They’re in for a bumpy ride! Take precautions by using seat belts and securing yourselves with chair harnesses.
- A seat cushion with a wipeable surface is perfect for those who are constantly dealing with spills and stains! No need to worry anymore, because this cushion has you covered!
- This awesome product can be used by babies aged four months to four years old!
Summer Infant Portable Baby Activity Center,
- This portable chair is the best! It quickly folds and unfolds, so you can set it up wherever you want.
- Imagine being able to use your favorite activity center anywhere – both inside and outside! Wouldn’t that be great? With this alternative, you can!
- You can choose to have at one of three different height adjustment levels, depending on what’s most comfortable for your kiddo!
- If you’re looking for an easy way to take all kids stuff on your travels, it has its own travel bag facility! It comes with a shoulder strap so that you can carry it wherever you go.
- Wow, Summer Pop ‘N Jump is an amazing toys! You’ve got a rattle, teether, spinner ball, and mirror book to keep your children entertained for hours on end.
- Viable for infants aged 6 to 12 months! Woohoo!
Fisher-Price 3-in-1 Spin & Sort Activity Center,
- This is amazing! You have to see this! There’s a rotating chair, and four mobile activity pods.
- You’ll love taking this console on the go! This is an excellent choice for portable gaming.
- 10+ activities that will keep your baby entertained all day long, divided into 4 fun-packed pods!
- Detachable legs for storage, and a seat pad that is machine-washable! This chair is seriously the best thing since sliced bread.
- The shape-sorter plate is perfect for replacing the seat! With its unique design, it’ll keep your child entertained while they’re sitting down.
- This awesome car seat is perfect for infants and young children weighing up to 25 pounds! It’s so comfortable and safe, your child will love it!
Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Sit-to-stand Activity Center
- Oh my god, there are TWO GAME MODES! Sitting and STANDING? This is amazing!
- Wow, this table is awesome! It converts so easily into a play table for toddlers, with plenty of space for them to explore and have fun. I can’t believe how versatile it is!
- This astonishing portable musical alligator has illuminated keys that make playing music even more fun!
- THREE different HEIGHT positions! You can choose to be short, medium or tall, depending on your mood or the occasion! How cool is that?
- The seat rotates around in a circle, making you feel like you’re on a real-life carousel!
- Leg removal features offers a great way to store it! You can just remove them and put them in a closet or something!
- For babies and toddlers who weigh up to 25 pounds, this car seat will keep them safe while they’re on the go!
2. Push Toy: A Push Toy also called a push walker is a type of walker without any seat pad that allows your baby to walk. The baby can simply push the toy and keep pace with it. This is something safer than a classic baby Walker. This one is a great alternative.
There are various companies that provide Push Toys such as__
VTech Sit To Stand Push Walker,
- OMG you can detach the play panel on this thing! Like, for real? Who even thought of that?! That is so cool!
- 5 keys on a piano that make beautiful music!
- Do you see those three light-up buttons? They’re so cool! And those two multicolored spinning rollers add just the right amount of excitement. I can’t wait to try out the new 3 form sorter!
- 70 tunes, sound effects, and catchy phrases that will have you singing along in no time!
- This is the perfect ride-on toy for your little one! They can use it from 9 months to 3 years old. It’s so much fun!
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Walking Toy,
- There are two great ways to enjoy playing the Fisher Price toy – your baby can either sit down and relax, or stand up, walk and move around!
- As your child grows, they can continue to learn and develop with the help of these 3 Smart Stages! With three different levels, your child can always be learning and developing their skills!
- Wow, 75+ tunes, sounds, & words help teach Spanish words, the alphabet, shapes, colors, and numbers. Learning is so much fun with all of these engaging activities!
- There are 7 amazing exercises that will help improve their life! These exercises are so easy and practical that you’ll be able to see results in no time at all.
- Anything is possible with this incredible toy! It can be used by babies aged 6 to 36 months, which means your little one can have lots of fun with it for a really long time!
Fisher-Price Learn with Me Zebra Walker,
- There are two ways to play the guitar- sitting down, or standing up and walking around! Both are great options, depending on what you’re looking for in a guitar playing experience.
- Fun activities to keep your seated newborn occupied and entertained!
- This 4-wheel base is really strong and the handle is easy to grasp, making it perfect for moving around your home!
- Gosh, your baby will love normal things like exciting words, tunes, and noises! They will make their life so interesting and fun!
- Babies can use this product starting at six months old and up! It’s perfect for keeping them safe and happy while they’re learning to explore.
Radio Flyer Classic Push & Play Walker,
- There are two great play options in the activity center – pushing the baby walker and playing with sensory toys!
- A GIANT rear storage bin!
- Offers secure audible alert installed with safety resist clickers!
- Radio Flyer is for kids aged one to four years old! It’s a great way to help them learn and grow, and have lots of fun too!
Skip Hop Baby Walker- Explore
- More than forty play features, songs, sounds, lights, and other things that will keep your little one entertained for hours on end!
- You can choose from three different handle heights to find the perfect fit, no matter how tall or short your baby is! With this stroller, you’ll be able to steer and maneuver with ease.
- Five amazing tunes, five incredible sound effects, and five mind-blowing piano notes!
- Skip Hop toy panel can be removed to be used as an easel or floor toy!
- Offers functions to use as a shopping cart.
Among them, VTech Sit to stand Push Toy is a top-rated Walker. You can check out my review on it.
3. Play Yard: Play Yards are the safest place for your baby. It is also a multi-usable product. Your baby can sit, walk, play, sleep, and also can crawl in it. It’s just like a small room for your baby without any risks.
I’m listing some top-rated PlayYard for you__
Evenflo Versatile Play Space
- Who wouldn’t love reversible legs that also have outdoor stakes? They’re perfect for camping, picnics, and so many other outdoor activities!
- Finally, there’s a non-scratch floor covering for all types of indoor flooring! No more worrying about your floor getting scratched or damaged – this stuff is tough enough to take a beating!
- Holy cow, this Evenflo toy is ginormous! It must be at least 28″ tall and nearly 18.5 square feet!
- Assembling is so easy! Piece of cake!
- Whoa! Each panel is like a maze with different rooms!
- Your little one can have a blast with this toy! It’s perfect for ages 6 months to 2 years old.
Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Adjustable Mounts
- An expanse of 192 by 28 inches tall
- The gate may be transformed into an 8-panel play yard in the blink of an eye.
- Almost any opening can be accommodated by the panels.
- All the safety regulations are fully complied with by this toy! It’s SO safe for kids to play with that you can even let them play with it on their own! No need to worry at all!
- A 16-inch wide entrance means easy passage for your little one!
- Suitable for infants up to the age of 24 months, as well as for dogs.
Regalo My Portable Play Yard
- The nylon bottom protects your feet from all sorts of sharp things and abrasive surfaces! Whew, that’s a relief!
- OMG! This is the best thing ever! The offers dimensions are 48 inches long by 26 inches wide! Can’t wait to get one for my baby!
- This super-adjustable features a one-time mechanism that is totally ama-zing!
- A versatile material that can be used in any weather, indoors or out!
- This swing set is perfect for keeping your child safe while they’re playing! It comes with a safety lock to make sure they stay within reach.
- Hey parents! Check out these amazing offers for children aged six to twenty-four months. You can get them tons of great stuff like clothes, toys, and more. They’ll love it!
North States Superyard Colorplay 8 Panel
- Great for both indoor and outdoor activities!
- 38.5 inches to more than 16 feet in length are possible! Wow, that’s ama_zing!
- Wow! With just eight panels, you can create an amazing 34.4 square feet of play space for your kiddo!
- A carrying strap and non-slip padding are included for your kid’s convenience!
- Babies between the ages of six and 24 months are welcome! This is a great opportunity for them to learn and explore new things.
Graco Pack ‘n-Play Dome LX-Playard
- You can use it inside or outside of the Playground – it’s so versatile!
- This ama-zing invention can be folded up to be super..r compact and comes with its own suitcase for transport!
- This portable, simple-to-take device is perfect for taking with you wherever you go!
- A place your kids can sleep that is close by and easy to spot in case they need you!
- This quilted diaper changer is awesome because it’s easily detachable! No more struggling to take off those tight diapers – this changer is a breeze to use!
A New Path for Your Infant Without Walkers
If you don’t like any of the products above, you can do something of your own for your kids.
Like, you can hold your kid’s hand and help him to learn to walk. It’ll help him to walk more freely and easily because you are the one whom your kid trusts the most.
Go to a park with your baby or your backyard, spend time with him, and play with him. This is a great way to help your baby’s physical and mental development. This is also a great way to make a closer relationship with your baby. Baby’s development increases if he can spend more time with you or other family members or with other human beings rather than with products and the virtual world.
So, take their hand, keep pace with them and let them grow up happily.
How to transition from a baby Walker to the best alternative: tips for parents.
The best alternative to a baby walker is to use something that helps your child stay upright while they are learning to walk, such as a tripod stand.
A tripod stand can be made out of anything sturdy-like material such as wood or metal. It is important that the tripod stand is tall enough so that your child can’t touch the ground with their toes, yet short enough so they cannot climb out of it.
You can also attach toys to the tripod stand to keep your child entertained while they are learning to walk.
The above increasing number of options for the Best Alternative to a baby walker will make your decision-making experience much easier and you will be able to find the right one for your child.
If you’re curious more about baby walkers, we’ve got tons of information and reviews on our website! Explore everything from traditional walkers to alternative options, and find the perfect one for your little one.